Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Week 4, Thing 8: RSS feeds

I created my Bloglines account last week, and have been using it. I don’t see this as something that I would necessarily use in the long run. First, I like looking at the websites of the major news organizations. They have photographs, and they have tried to arrange their website to be user-friendly. I actually find the individual sites to be much more interesting and user-friendly than Bloglines itself. As for ads, I just don’t see them. Secondly, there are so many new stories or changes that the amount of stuff to weed through in Bloglines is overwhelming. The idea of a feed which will pull out only new items probably makes more sense for a website with fewer changes than a major news website with regular, major changes. Also, I didn't add many blogs to my list. That might make a big difference.

No comments: